Langham Court Theatre

cvv_m2_banner

Beat the "busy-ness" and go workout

With the kids back in school late, all the parents’ routines were shaken up and they are only now settling back in.

This type of “busy-ness” leaves parents struggling to fit their workouts into their already hectic schedules.

However, a 1 hour workout is only 4% of your day, which leaves you with the other 96% to get everything done.

Here are 5 tips to help you beat back-to-routine “busy-ness” and stay on track with your workouts:

1. Longer isn’t always better. The truth is, you don’t need to spend any more than 1 hour on a workout to feel and see the benefits. You can get an awesome workout in 30-45 min.

2. Plan your workouts at least a week in advance. When your workout is already engrained into your schedule, you will be amazed at how easy it is to fit everything else in around it.

3. Active commuting. If your work isn’t super far away, you can bike or jog to and from work instead of driving. Not only will you save gas money, but you will also end up burning calories.

4. Split your workout. If you don’t have a full 40min-1 hour to spend on a workout all at once, you can break your daily workout up into 3 short bursts of 15-20 minutes.

5. Keep a workout journal. Keeping track of your progress is very motivating and helps you stay accountable.

– Yana Hempler is a personal trainer at Studio 4 Athletics on Yates St in Victoria BC.